Posted by: Brad | 2009/01/18

Shin Splints

good day.through out school i participated in biathlons and various cross country events.

after i left school i started getting shin splints and due to this i cannot run or when i do run my shins hurt.

i have not run for two to three years and am now 26 years of age.

i wish to start running again and am wanting to find out if you have a ' cure'  for shin splints.

who do i see about this, a doctor, physio, chiropractor?

i look forward to your comments.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Brad

Thank you for visiting

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about shin splints, as well as the treatment:

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lily | 2009/01/21

Hey Brad,

I also have bad shin splints and it keeps recurring. I have found that the best solution so far is to see a chiro and have the areas needled (acupuncture). This seems to have helped more than anything else I have tried. I am sure any chinese medicine person will be able to do the acupucnture as well..

good luck!

Reply to Lily

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.