Question
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/18

she's at it again

now my SIL claims to have had a D&C today and they said she has a cancerous cyst on her ovary.

I don't believe her as:
1: her brother has jsut been confirmed testicular cancer, going in for op NOW
2: she always has these major medical crises and handles them so well and has a miracle cure or something else happens in her life and she forgets about it

of course she has had no tests but it is cancer and she will have to have a hyst. She also claimed this when she had her baby. Incidentally, she claims the state hosp would not give her a c-section as she was white -- but one was neverbooked for her as there was no need.

I just have really had enough. I know I post about this often and I wish that it did not bother me like this. I wish she knew how lucky she is to have her health, where each day I am thabkful for one more day that I can breathe unassisted and walk.

Sounds off --- I don't see how a D&C would reveal anything about the state of her ovaries --- anatomically, that's just not how it works. SO it does sound as though a miracle cure is in the offing --- its always easiest to miraculously cure diseases the person doesn't actually have. The Victorians used to write politely of someone who "enjoys ill-health"m and your SIL certainly seems to do that. I wonder how, eventually she will handle real serious health problems when they do turn up ? Like the boy who cried wolf, she may find nobody especially interested in being sympathetic. Can't you manage to be inattentive to these complaints of hers, to barely hear them and make bland and insincere comments like " Really ?" and "Shame" more or less at random, and keep your emotions intact ?