Question
Posted by: pissed | 2007/05/31

she was on my last nerve.

okay we have this tenant, i thought she was cool in the beginning, she turns out to be a control freak. she always has something to complain about. we are sharing a four room house, bathroom and a kitchen. yesterday i came back from my stressful work and i took a nice warm bath. everything was cool, before i heard a knock on the door......she then said COME CLEAN THE BATHROOM, i cleaned the bathroom but not to her satisfaction..

i was so fuc ken pissed ....i took a deep breath and i went and i asked is it not cleaned ? she said not to her satisfaction.....i picked my dead self up and i cleaned agaoin.

as i was thinking i realised she has someshit against me....hell i got mad again. i went and took another bath only this time i did not wash it at all. i am still very angry guys and i am a grown as man and she treated me like a child..

there is no way in hell i would take a bath and not clean after ..what the fuc k does she take me for me.

If it is YOUR place, then if she doesn't like your standards of cleaning, she is free to go elsewhere, but she doesn't get to give you orders. If you are both renting from someone else, then you need to find a compromise that suits both of you to some degree, even if not perfectly.
Revenge is never as satisfying in reality as it seems that it will be when you're planning it. And there is surely a limit to the number of messy baths you can take !
John, as usual, expresses it all so well. If this guy isn't a journalist, the country has lost the work of a great talent !

7
Posted by: pissed | 2007/05/31

guys i appreciate all your advice, please note i am not a perfectionist but neither am i an untidy person either, i in most cases hate the approach the nature in which some people approach issues, i can stand it at times but as you know sooner or later you have to face your problems........so i am going to try to be out of her way and i am unfutunately not going to initiate any solving machanism as i am still a little sore...as time goes and maybe when i feel better i will maybe just maybe attempt to address this

Reply to pissed
Posted by: Gracie | 2007/05/31

If she was not happy with the way you cleaned the bathroom the first time - why did she not do it to her satisfaction then? She sounds a bit bossy to say the least! I don't agree with Echelle that one might consider one person cleaning the bathroom one week and another person the next week - everyone should leave the bathroom the way they would like to find it (within reason of course) she cannot expect you to disinfect it from ceiling to floor everytime you have taken a bath.

I have to mention tho the situation we have at work - our offices are in a house, not your regular office block. The bathroom has to be shared by everyone, but it looks and smells disgusting most of the day 'cos of the way people tend to leave it! The seat up sometimes and when it's down it's dirty, not flushing the loo etc. tampon wrappers lying on the floor etc. It pisses me off no end that I have to share the facilities with people who have no regard for the next person!! I must be honest with you - due to the fact that our facilities are less that favourable at work, I tend to go a bit overboard with the bathrooms at home - use a ton of domestos and other disinfectants! I have a friend at work who uses her foot to flush the toilet as she refuses to touch anything in the bathroom, she uses paper towels to open and close the taps and even uses one when she unlocks the door again - some people just have a problem with sharing bathroom facilities with others - by no means am I saying you don't leave the place clean, but try to look at it from her point too.

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: John | 2007/05/31

Pissed (when o when did we reach this stage of neo colonialism that this peculiar Americanism seems acceptable?)

Escalating to DevCon 4 is not a good idea, no matter how angry you are and no matter how bitchy your fellow-tenant is. You appear to enjoy the haven of your home, the sharing notwithstanding, so it won't make sense to turn it into a turf-war. Where will you relax from the insanity of work if your home life is an active conflict zone? Ask any Iraqi, its no fun at all. Mexican stand-offs make great TV drama but it makes for lousy reality.

If she was great in the beginning, then maybe there are still vestiges of that appeal still around. Make some tea and offer her cup and have an open and Frank (Ernest, even) discussion with her. Tell her how angry you were - or are - and how it makes you feel. Tell her that you felt like wreaking havoc upon her and making her life totally miserable so tyhat she is aware of the terror that lurks beneath your calm. You are both adult and if you approach the matter in a calm way (one can be angry and calm - sometimes this is even more frightening to the observer) and demand the respect you deserve.

Take the high road, Pissed, and you will take control of the situation. And remember that sometimes it is better to be pissed-off than pissed on....

Reply to John
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/31

I can understand how you must feel. Do what you must do and if she's not satisfied then it's her problem. How many people are renting there? Maybe one of you can clean the bathroom one week and the other one the other week, the same with the kitchen and the living room? It's a necessity to be happy at home and why not talk it out with her and try to be friends? To be honest with you, if I had to live with other people in the same house and they really did not clean up after their use then I'd also complain, not that I say you didn't clean the bathroom, just to let you know that most people will complain who lives with other people. Why did you share with someone in the first place? Did you think it will be fun?

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: pissed | 2007/05/31

we are both renting and at this point in time, i am more into revenge than finding solutions, echelle i don't expect you to understand i mean i did nothing but respect this woman from day one, now is this what good guys get, no moving out will be like admiting defeat and i am sure that is what she is hoping i do, but -|- i am not going anywhere....I CAN BE MEAN AND NASTY TOO. i am not tapping out.

Reply to pissed
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/31

Are you the Landlord or also a tenant in the same house? Or is she using a room in your house or how does it work?

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/05/31

Sharing is never a good idea. You just have to work things out and try to respect each other - you must respect her and she must respect you or move out and find another place to live.

Reply to Echelle