Question
Posted by: heaven | 2004/11/22

she thinks i hate him

i have problems since i lost my father who was the only bread winner at home. now i'm left with my mom & my sister and l love them dearly i'm taking care of them but the only problem i have is my sister she doesn't wanna lesson to either me or my mom thing have to go her way or high way when i try to talk to her she think i'm trying to be incharge of the house which is not true i'm just worried about her life except she is the only sister i have.any advice?

You don't mention your ages, but I'm guessing your sister is rather young, maybe teenage ( or whe wouldn't need you to be looking after her). As you know, some girls are especially attached to their father, and may react badly to his death, and may rebel against alternative people in charge of their lives or advising them. I think Liza's comment is wise, and worth thinking over. It's good of you to want to help her, but don't take too much responsibility if she ignores your advice.

1
Posted by: Liza | 2004/11/22

Don't tell her that she is doing something wrong - she has to realize that for herself. Rather make her aware of the consequences of her actions in an off-hand way. Don't be judgemental. Tell her its her life and she must live it as she pleases. You might tell her that every time you've let her know what the consequences are. She'll eventually realize - on her own - that what she is doing is wrong and that she needs to change her behaviour.

Reply to Liza