Question
Posted by: Bela | 2007/08/02

she going to be on heat or what??

My female dog behaves like a male,how can i put this??
she is getting on top of other dogs and start making movements as she is a male or want to mate with them.
she normally be on heat during August and from there it will be Dec
what kind of behaviour is this?what is motivating it?imean she do this on males

It could be that she is becoming sexually active. When she is speyed she will stop the behaviour.

1
Posted by: shaz | 2007/08/06

My lab puppy also does this and she was spayed 6 mnts ago, and has been doing it since then.... everybody says it is a dominance thing, so I don't worry too much - my gsd - male just sits down when she does, so he seems to be quit used to it already, and ignores it. But no, the behaviour does not stop when neutered....

Reply to shaz