Question
Posted by: Broke Heart | 2004/03/02

She doesnt love me no more

Me and my ex-girl were together for 3 years. She came from a broken home and this affected our relationship heavily. She always seemed to doubt herself and had issues with self confidence. Anyway, alot of outside factors lead to the end of our relationship a few months ago. She met someone else and has known this other guy for 5 months. They are now together for 2 months and she decided to move in with him, because she could not live in her parents house anymore. Her mom is a alcoholic and is very abusive. I love this girl with all my heart and i want her back. I told her this and she said i am confusing her. I dont know if she loves this new guy and all i want is to have her back. I know she lovd me very much. I just want to know if i should give up and face the truth?
I am a broken man, and i have thought about suicide.....

Dear BH,
Suicide, of course, is no answer. At most, it is one of the questions. I wonder whether you have sound reasons for doubting that she's fond of this other guy, or if it's mainly wishful thinking, because you're not over her yet ?
As the old saying goes, you have to set her free. If she comes back to you of her own free will, then there's love there, and the relationship could be more promising. But loving, on your side, means leaving her free to find love with another, and to be prepared to let go, and set yourself free to find someone with whom you can be even happier.

3
Posted by: kitkat | 2004/03/04

Gud day broken heart, what can i say.... life is not a bed of roses and sometimes some decisions have to be made. So let her go... if she's yours she will come back. As human we tend to look at the closed door ignoring the open door, what i'm trying to say.. is move on with your life, its hard but it has to be done for your sanity. PS: Don't kill yourself, she's not worth it. My boyfriend of 5 year 8 months dumped me last year for a friend and now he called me on my birthday(02/03) telling me that he's engaged to the girl.... shocked as i was but i have learnt to accept my fate and i have moved on with my life as we speak. So there's life after your girl...she's not worth your time cause if she was you wouldn't be thinking about suicide.

Reply to kitkat
Posted by: Been-there-done-that-was-heart-broken-and-survived | 2004/03/02

Good day Broke heart...

Hope this finds you doing better mate, do not even think about suicide ! its not worth it buddy! Think about all you have to offer the world, friends and family!!!

~ I understand where you are coming from, i had almost the exact same thing happen to me a year ago... i loved my ex madly (and still do)... we where together for 3 1/2 years, she also came from a broken family... mother was lazy and un-employed, father was a pig/abuser/alcholic who abandoned them... I was trying to help out as much as i possible could, but the sort of stress and issues her family was putting on our relationships was too strong / too much - nothing seemed good enough for her Mom... and they eventually she left me thinking it was for the best...

It has been the hardest year of my life... Xmas, Valentines and birthdays are the worst! But at the end of the day... you must remember! - Relationships are a two way street and it takes two people whole heartly loving each other to make it work.. and even then it is not always easy! So you could love and go to the ends of the earth... but if she is not 100% sure of herself... never mind you's... its going to be hard man!

I am not saying give up all hope, just know when enough is enough, you have done your best and when to stop, and live your life for yourself!!!

Remember there is and will be others there for you, who would appreciate you giving and doing your all for them!!!
Just dont give up hope yet... so for now... concentrate on making your life happier, surround yourself with good friends and enjoy life for what it is... you'll see that someone special will falling to your lap again!

Holding thumbs for you...
Been-there-done-that-was-heart-broken-and-survived

Reply to Been-there-done-that-was-heart-broken-and-survived
Posted by: Nurse Betty | 2004/03/02

Nooo, don't be foolish. If you commit suicide, you'll probably never know how much she really cared for you. And over a woman that doesn't know what she wants? Don't, don't, don't, don't do it!!!

Reply to Nurse Betty