Question
Posted by: why-why | 2007/04/13

shaving body hair

why would a 58 year married man suddenly start shaving under his arms and his genital hairs? he says his hair get caught in zip and he has a pimple under his arm.

Well, at least it's better than taking up body-piercing at that age !

14
Posted by: jenny | 2007/04/13

Can't understand why a person would shave unless they had to like us girls - its such a curse. My husband was never concious of his hairy body and I certainly don't mind it at all. Only thing is nowadays, especially on tv, you see girls getting really grossed out by hairy men. I can tell that my hubby has definitely become concious of his hairy bod which is a shame because it really does'nt bother me. He won't even take his shirt off in public anymore. The areas in your case are a bit of weird place to want to remove hair for a man, but you never know - maybe its always bothered him and he has after all got the option to get rid of it just as we have. If it was me - I'd accept it, only I would really really like a good explanation for the change e.g. - take a look at the pimple and are they under each arm.

Reply to jenny
Posted by: MMM... | 2007/04/13

Well, my boyfriend is 25 and he shaves his legs, chest, stomach and pubic area, and he trims under his arms, he is built, goes to gym everyday, sometimes i like it and sometimes i really dont, but hey its their body so i guess they can do with it what they please. I do understand if he trims his underarms, cause he is an excessive sweater, and i feel sorry for him though. Even if he was as hairy as a bear i would still love him and men do go through stages women goes through..

Reply to MMM...
Posted by: anon | 2007/04/13

Is his hair suddenly getting caught after all these years????? Suspicious. I think Mee Too might have a point

Reply to anon
Posted by: me too | 2007/04/13

in my experience men do things like that when they are having affairs / going to swinging parties has he bought new underwear recently? you don't shave your pubic hair unless you are trying to impress someone and all the men and swinging parties do it

Reply to me too
Posted by: tom | 2007/04/13

if he wears jocks his hair wont get caught in his zip

Reply to tom
Posted by: CHEWBAKA | 2007/04/13

I HAVE HAIR ALL OVER.LUCKILY MY WIFE FINDS IT SEXY.MANY PEOPLE HATE ITASWELL.I'LL GO FOR A MID-LIFE CRISIS.(STINGEL STRESS IN AFRIKAANS)I KNOW I WISH IT WOULNT GROW OUT OF MY EARS.ITHINK YOU SHOULDNT WORRY TOO MUCH.

Reply to CHEWBAKA
Posted by: Gloomer | 2007/04/13

My husband is so proud if his hairy back - personally Iwish he would wax it! And it looks as though our boy will be hairy when he is older.

Reply to Gloomer
Posted by: POMPI | 2007/04/13

HES DEFINATELY SHY AT HIS AGE SINCE THE HAIR IS GREY HE NEEDS TO REMOVE IT .IT REMINDS HIM THAT HE IS GETTING OLD!!!!!

Reply to POMPI
Posted by: anon | 2007/04/13

Its the middle age menopause men get any time around 40 to over 60....he probably wants to try something new....who knows maybe he has been messing about ....

Does he have any other body hair? like chest, back etc.
I have never seen a man who shaves under arms, they all seem so proud of their underarm hair.

Trying to imagine what my man would look like clean shaven underarms and pubic region, would look darn funny seeing that he has a very hair body! Hehehehe, sorry this post made me laugh, but I know its no laughing matter.

Reply to anon
Posted by: John | 2007/04/13

After-shave around the nuts must hurt like sin, though.....Ouch.

Reply to John
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/13

Odd to start at this age though.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: CHILLED | 2007/04/13

HEY, it's his body, let him do what he wants to it....

Reply to CHILLED
Posted by: Foxybrown | 2007/04/13

I like to be wrong about these ones. But sometimes it is done because a man has a new woman. One who herself is usually clean shaven.

This is not to say you can now assume the man concerned is cheating on his wife. It means you should look for other changes in him and see if you can slowly put a picture together. In and of itself, accompanied by nothing else, removal of body hair is not indicative of infidelity. But a man who is suddenly clean shaven, suddenly vain about his looks and choice of clothing, behaving awkwardly, change of sex drive (wanting more or wanting less) unable to properly account for his time, rescheduling his social life, showing disinterest in home life, unusually concerned with privacy (will not leave cellphone unattended etc)...yes, in such a case you could begin to suspect the bigger picture. And I say to suspect, not assume.

Reply to Foxybrown
Posted by: Gloomer | 2007/04/13

doesn't he use underwear?

Reply to Gloomer