Question
Posted by: Nokt | 2005/01/07

Shaun, Paris, CP Mom, Liza, BT, CS & Everybody else

Guys, thanx for keeping me company and all the encouraging advice u give to people, they also help me when needed. I from now on intend to always be here. Paris best wishes for your pregnancy, r u hoping for a girl or a boy? I am also trying to be pregnant, i already have a girl so i am now praying tha God would help me concieve a boy!!

Medically, do yo'll think there is something i can do to conceive a boy?

Good luck, Nokt.
I refuse to re-open the abortion debate, but any doctor who GUARANTEES a boy or girl is foolish. What they may be doing, which I don't approve of and is a sad waste of medical resources, would indeed be expensive, and not only in terms of moeny. They'd use a form of IVF, creating a form of test-tube baby or, rather, babies, then check the tiny early foetuses, select one of the sex you want, and discard the others. I don't like that idea at all. I think it's far better to hope, and leave it to nature.

10
Posted by: Shaun | 2005/01/07

Nokt, miracles do happen, but there's also nothing wrong in trying to give that miracle a kick-start...

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2005/01/07

Hi Nokt,
The 50/50 chance is the only one available as far as I am aware, but if you believe strongly enough in something and trust that is what you will get, it is possible but remember you will get what you require. Any child, no matter whether boy or girl is precious and I surely hope you are able to conceive soon and that it will be a boy, but if not, then let it be healthy and perfect in every way.
Take Care and Good luck.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Liza | 2005/01/07

Apparently there is a very expensive doctor in Pretoria at the Femina Clinic that can guarantee the sex of your child. This does however involve IVF etc - all very expensive. Personally I think that you will get what you need - perhaps not what you want, but what you need.

Cheers
Liza

Reply to Liza
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/01/07

Please do Nokt. I'm holding thumbs for you.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: Nokt | 2005/01/07

Thanx guys, I read that article on pregnancy section and as far as my understanding goes, i think they r trying to tell me that its actually a 50-50 chance, all u got to do is pray that God gives u what u want, otherwise go for insemination. Well i choose to pray. Witney Houston and Maria Carey said once, there can be miricles when u believe, so i choose to believe that this miricle will happen.

I'll keep u updated with whats going on.

Thanx again.

Reply to Nokt
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/01/07

Hi Nokt,

High five for the kind words. Shoe, well i'm really not fussy either way, but i would love a little girl. Got the girls name, just not the boys yet.

I think i saw an article on www dot woman24 dot com about conceiving girls and boys. Take a look under the pregnancy section. There's every thing there! Its a very informative website.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/01/07

Cant help you. I only have 1 child an adopted girl, sorry.

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Nokt | 2005/01/07

CP Mom,

Did u do something medically? did u concieve a girl or a boy? gosh i so want a boy i dont even have a name for the girl.....

Reply to Nokt
Posted by: Shaun | 2005/01/07

Thanx Nokt,

Truly speaking, medically, it is possible to make certain you conceive a boy, but I'm not sure if it is able to be done here in SA, & I'm sure it'll cost the earth as well... There are also methods, not guaranteed, that you could try find out about, that kinda tends towards the baby being a boy.

I do wish you the best in trying though, & hope you get your wish sooner than you think...

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: CP MOM | 2005/01/07

Good luck and just remember to have fun while trying ?

I was married for 11 years we tried for 8 years to conceive - it's not an easy road - good luck dear.

Reply to CP MOM