Question
Posted by: grateful_Kyle | 2008/05/27

SHARP STOMACHE PAINS FOR 2 DAYS OVEREAT

I really over ate a few days ago. Before that I had been eating small amounts of food and so I really stretched out my stomach. I fear I may have ripped it or something. I also drank a lot of liqour and vomited a lot. The night I ate too much I did not drink, I drank the next night, and vomited both nights.

so now I have sharp severe pains that throb mostly in my upper abdomen. They worsen when I eat and always hurt. It hurts to take deep breaths or hiccup. It can hurt to move as well.

will this fix itself? what can I do?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The problem will most probably subside spontaneously. If there is no blood in the vomit, you do not have to be too concerned. You can take Gaviscon to alleviate some of the symptoms but if the problem persists, I recommend that you consult a doctor to have a gastroscopy done, in order order to exclude any permanent pathology.

Kind regards