Question
Posted by: Trish | 2005/12/02

sharp pains on leg

I urgently need help. I am HIV positive and not on ARV's. I have a rash and ringworms on my face. I also have terrible sharp pains on my right leg. Could this be a sign that my CD4 count is low.

Please help, should I worry and set up an app with my Physician.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Trish!

I suggest you make an appointment with your physician as a matter of priority. Get a CD4 count and make sure that the opportunistic infections you mention get treated propperly.

As a HIV+ person striving to live a healthy positive life, it is imperative that you deal with such symptoms quickly and effectively. They weaken your body, dampen your morale and give you a picture of yourself that is not encouraging. These symptoms can and should be dealt with promptly.

Keep strong!
Laurent