Question
Posted by: Jozziw | 2004/10/26

Sharp pain in lower abdomen Right Hand Side

Had a laparoscopy in August 2004 and they found severe Level 4 endometrosis that was removed. I am just past midway in my cycle, and have pain in my lower right hand side. The pain varies from sharp to discomfort. I went to the doctor who said it could be my ovary (a cyst) or endo coming back! He said the only way to check for a cyst was a sonar. Before being diagnosed with endo, I had no apparent symptoms - not even period pain. So this is very unusual!

It is quite common for endometriosis to recur. It may also not have been possible to remove all of it.