Question
Posted by: pp | 2007/03/12

sharp pain

When I was a teenager I fell from the house roof and landed squarely on my feet I got an incredibly sharp pain between my scrotom and my Anus and even now 30years later if I suddenly jump down say from a chair onto the floor I can feel a pain in this region.I have never consulted a Doctor about this problem and often wondered what could I have damaged their.and will it affect me in my twilight years.

Dear PP
You probably injured the lower back disc between vertebrae number L5 and S1 with the fall - it may cause artritis in later years. It may be a good idea to get a back x/ray if this pain happens often.