Question
Posted by: CONCERNED | 2007/05/03

SHARK CARTILAGE

My wrists were sore a little while back, so a friend suggested I use shark cartilage tablets. After taking it for a few days my joints because worse, so much so that I had pain in joints that had never given me trouble before, so I stopped using it. My husband hurt his wrist at the gym this week, and without me knowing, he started using the shark cartilage pills I had bought for myself. A few days later he complained that his elbow and both wrists were hurting now, not only the one he hurt at the gym. I told him he should try the shark cartilage (because I didnt know he had already started using it),but he said he already started taking it a few days earlier. I THEN TOLD HIM TO THROW IT IN THE DUSTBIN because it can't be good if it hurts both of us, I thought it was perhaps just me that had a reaction to it. Why is this product sold as a joint and bone helper, when it has such bad side effects?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Concerned
I know too little about shark cartilege tablets- were there any side effects listed on the package insert? I suggest you also speak to your pharmacist about the side-effects you experienced- he may be able to shed more light on this!