Question
Posted by: Megs | 2008/01/31

Shape stabbing pain in stomach area

Hi Doc, i started having this huge stabbing pain in my stomach area, went to see a doctor 2 days ago and he advised that i might have gallstones or just a build up of acid on my stomach. He gave me Omiloc 20 to take for two weeks but it doesnt seem to be helping at all. I feel nauseas, cant eat anything, my legs are lame and i am dizzy because of this pain. Please advise what i should do, what further steps i should take, should i see another doc and what could it possibly be...

Concerned

Dear Megs
If the medicine is not helping, you need to go back, and he needs to do some more tests, like a sonar of the gallbladder or a gastroscopy ( or he needs to refer you to a gastroenterologist for this)