Question
Posted by: Alex | 2007/02/22

Shape shake

For the past three weeks I have been drinking a shake called "Shape" for breakfast and lunch then I only eat dinner. I drink 2 L of water everyday and my weight has remained constant at 64kg. I am 1.65 tall and am just worried, Is this a good way to lose weight? What happens when i start eating normally again?I am pear shaped and want to lose around my hips.

Dear Alex
Firstly your present BMI = 23,5, so it is perfectly normal and you only need to lose about 4 kg to achieve an ideal BMI of 22. Some people find that they do lose weight when using a shake, but you need to check the energy content of a serving. If it exceeds 2100 kJ or 500 cal a serving or meal, then it won't assist with weight loss. If you find that you get bored with drinking the shakes then you can also use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). These types of exercise assist with general weight loss. However if you need to lose weight on specific areas like the thighs and buttocks, then you also need to do targeted exercises (e.g. thigh rolls, etc). Ask Fitness Doc for such exercises that target the hips and thighs and buttocks.

6
Posted by: lolo | 2016/03/09

is shape shake safe during breast feeding

Reply to lolo
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/14

Any side effects?

Posted by: Lorraine | 2014/06/05

Can any one please tell me how many calories are in one shape shake?

Reply to Lorraine | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/22

Take the amount of calories in 1 serving and divide it by 4

Posted by: nadine | 2013/09/24

hi there, i use Shape and for the first two weeks my weight stood still but now 6 weeks later i am 10kgs down. i exercise moderately and drinks lots of water too. i see no reason why it shouldn't work for you. just make sure the evening meal you are having stays within your caloric intake allowance and you should be fine. i have my main meal in the afternoon though. good luck

Reply to nadine
Posted by: B | 2007/02/23

Shape shakes are not the best on the market, rather have a protein shake, better yet, why not go to a dietician that can help you with a proper diet? And remember 6 small meals a day will give you better results.

Reply to B