Posted by: Anna | 2008/09/22

shape 10 km challenge

i started the shape 10 k`s challenge on friday the 19th september 2008,i weigh 60kg and i`m 20 years old,my BMI is 21 and my middle is 74cm so i am not fat just very out of long before i will see results with 5 days a week running/jogging?every day is about 300meters further.
thank you doc.

HI Anna

I'd say you're seeing results every day, if you think that you can run 300m further every day! The point is, you will be frustrated if you evaluate yourself on weight loss, because you're nothing like overweight, and it's going to be very difficult for you to lose any weight. So it's a good thing that you realise that. What you will see however is improvements in fitness. By the time you read this, you've probably increased by almost 1000m, which means you're running 1000m further than on Friday last week. Now, if you had to go and run the same distances you did on Friday, you'd feel like it was really easy, so then you are seeing progress...!

So my advice is to focus on improving your running which happens almost every day - don't compare it too often though, because you'll have good and bad days. But over the course of 2 weeks, you'll find massive changes. And that's what you need to use to keep you going.

Posted by: Ta | 2008/09/30

well done! SHAPE' s 10k challenge is really cool...
i' m kinda in the same boat as you - just carry on with it and you' ll see results. But like the doc says, because you don' t have much to lose - it will take longer for us to get rid of those last few kg' s! just stick with it and good luck!!!

Reply to Ta