Question
Posted by: Chris | 2004/12/16

Shank

I am currently a 6 handicap and I am struggling with a wicked shank. Any advice to correct this please.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Chris

The shank can be a terrible thing - try and look at the following web page - http://www.golfauction.co.za/general/tips/general/shank.htm , you can also try the following :

First, position the ball in the hosel of the club, and try to hit the ball with the toe of the club. This will make you bring the club back to the ball more from the inside.

Make sure that there is a rotation of the left forearm through impact. This ensures that the clubface is "squaring off" through impact. To get the feel for what you need to do, try the following drill.

Golf Coach