Question
Posted by: CARRIELYNN | 2005/06/16

SHAKING PUPPY ?

I HAVE A FIVE WEEK OLD DAUSHOUND PUPPY THAT HAS STARTED TO SHAKE WHEN SHE STARTS TO WALK, SHE SEEMS TO BE OFF BALANCE ALOT OF THE TIME - SOMETIMES SHE IS JUST FINE. I TOOK HER TO THE VET AND HE IS UNABLE TO GIVE ME AN ANWSER
THANKS

They are various causes for this problem and they are not always that easy to diagnose or identify. A good physical examination will be necessary to help identify the problem. If your vet is uncertain, please request referral to a specialist in your area for further advice.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Zee | 2005/06/20

I think your pup is still VERY small!!! Pups should only be taken away from their moms at the earliest on 6-7 weeks. I suggest 8. I suggest that you get another vet to give him a special diet to make him stronger. Don't feed him milk, this will upset his tummy. Also make sure that he isn't cold. Get him a blanket or something. You can also feed him Eukanuba for pups and mix the pellots with water untill completely soft. Also make sure that he is getting enough water. Dehidration can also mean a shaking unstable dog. Take him to another vet and make sure that he gets his injections. The first 6 months is crutial to prevent cat flu and other visrusses and illnesses. Your Vet should know better that just to say, sorry I don't know. Where do you live? I can recommend mine?

Reply to Zee