Question
Posted by: ciska | 2003/12/17

Shaking

Dear doc,
There is something else I would like to discuss with you that came to my mind. I get these funny feelings sometimes. I start getting goosebumps, then I begin to shake outside and, it might sound funny, but it feels like my meat inside of me is shaking too. It feels like if I don't get anything sweet to eat right away, then I am going to die. I have been tested for diabetes and it was negative. I also went to test my blood glucose and that was 4. The women who took the blood glucose test said that I should try to eat a teaspoon of salt. She said that it can also be my blood pressure, being low, but everytime that I feel like that I have taken my blood pressure and it was not very low. Sometimes 67/110.

I just get that feeling out of the blue. I have no idea why and I don't know what it is. I know when I'm very hungry too long, I get that feeling again.
Also when I take vit. B co it happens. I can't take vit. B co.

Do you think you might have an explanation to this? I am 20 now, and I've had this for approximately 5 years.

YOur help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Ciska, it might be due to a thyroid problem (the shaking and the menstruation problems). The best would be to have a thyroid function blood test done and find out. Good luck.