Question
Posted by: sexy-gay-boy | 2004/11/28

sexy-gay-boy gets dumped :(

me and my bf have been dating for a year and 5 months. we neva met coz we live 200km apart but maintain a relationship via sms, email and phone.

this neva bothered neighter one of us, coz im going to vasity nexy year where he lived - and we were looking foward to actually meet.

He is so sweet and everything i could dream of having, a very nice guy and i really love him.

Wednesday night, he sms'ed and said he cant take it anymore, we have to split. When i tried to call for an explanation he doesnt answer.

He doesnt reply my emails or my sms - what do i have to do, to talk to him. i don't know why he want to break up, he ignores me.

Ek is baie hartseer!

Please help.

sexy-gay-boy

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

given that you have never met, it may be that you are in love with the idea of a person rather than the reality, as until you meet him you won't know if you really like him. Having said this it is very hurtful to have your hopes built up in this way, only to be dashed. It is unfair of him to not give you an explanation.

Many gay people do find it more difficult to meet people because of some of the prejudices in society. But please don't let this put you off. Wait and see what happens and when you get to varsity or even in your home town you may find the right person for you.

Just remember you have the right to be happy, and if that guy can't make you happy then another one will sometime in the future. If you need to chat to someone the Triangle Project in Cape Town has a helpline on 021 422 2500. If you are not in Cape Town they will tell you where your nearest servce is.

3
Posted by: mr q | 2005/02/08

but its not the end of the world go to varsity

Reply to mr q
Posted by: sexy-gay-boy | 2004/11/29

Hey Amy, thanks for the reply!

Firstly, sorry for my bad English, I’m actually Afrikaans, and I know my eng sucks :) But, hey, I try my best.

We have a really healthy relationship, I know he loves and cares for me, coz he tells me over and over again if we sms. I don’t think he would cheat on me, like I said he is very sweet and kind guy. He told me that he would never cheat on me and that I was the only one he loved. I trust him with my whole heart.

We hardly never fight, actually I cant think of one time we argued about something.

That is what I cannot understand. We only have a month left before the actual meeting nothing makes sense to me. I just want to know WHY he doesn’t want to be with me anymore. Why doesn’t he want to talk to me, what did I do wrong? I am so confused coz I don’t have a reason and the fact that he doesn’t wanna talk to me make things worse.

I miss him SO BADLY, I don’t want to lose him. It is really hard finding a guy that cares for you so much like him. Trust me there are only a few gay guys who is like this.

I can’t live without him, he is so special and I love him so much, he is my everything! – this silence is making me MAD!!!

Reply to sexy-gay-boy
Posted by: Amy | 2004/11/29

Hi SGB,

Sorry to hear abou that, u must be really sad and confused. Maybe he has met some one else? You are stil young and have your whole life ahead of you. Dont call him, it may just freak him out even more. Give it some time and space. Good Luck! There are many more fish in the sea!

Reply to Amy