Question
Posted by: NONO | 2008/06/12

Sexy-body while breastfeeding

hi Doc I'm a Mother of a 3months old baby and I'm breastfeeding(I intend to do so til she's 1yr, but I want to look good and nice and slim while enjoying breastfeeding my daugter.Any idea of any diet that can help me here, I'm currently exercising doing TABOO at home.

Dear Nono
Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! The fact that you are breastfeeding your little girl is one of the greatest gifts you can give your child which will influence her health and even prevent her from getting obese for the rest of her life. It is, therefore, not a good idea to use drastic diets during breastfeeding as this could dry up your milk supply. You can try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but please add at least one extra cup of fat-free milk or yoghurt a day to the prescribed foods to supply you and baby with adequate amounts of calcium (you need 1200 mg a day while breastfeeding). Keep up the good work with taebo and take baby for a brisk walk in her pram every day if possible to aid weight loss.
Enjoy your baby