Question
Posted by: Worried | 2005/12/13

Sexual intercourse after abortion

recently I underwent an abortion. While my cervix was healing they said no sexual intercourse for 2 weeks, no tampon use, nothing in my vagina for the next 2 weeks. Well, my hubby and i got a little carried away and had unprotected sex (I am already using birth control thoguh) it hasn't quite been 2 weeks yet, and it was very breif sex, it hurt a little at first, but we just tried to keep it shallow. What are the risks that this could cause, and how will i know?

The main risk would be infection. You would have a discharge and pain if this happened.

2
Posted by: Tiny | 2005/12/13

No judging just asking. Why did you get an abortion?

Reply to Tiny
Posted by: Lulu | 2005/12/13

The reason they recommend waiting 2 weeks is to allow you to heal properly as inserting something could give you an infection. If it was just short of 2 weeks I think you will be fine, just monitor closely for any discharge or change in odour.

P.S. If you are on the pill, bare in mind that it takes at least a month to start working and that after an abortion you are immediately fertile.

Reply to Lulu