Question
Posted by: Not Floppy but not working | 2005/01/11

Sexual desire dead? Mental Stress or physical.

Sorry Im posting on CD and S forum as well, need all the ansers I can get.

Ok I need some serious input here. I have been treated for depression for a long time (Zanor and Cipralex - ex cilift). I have alot of financial pressure at the moment, and I toke the occasional reefer. Problem is I have absolutely no desire for sex at all, it is not ED as Mr Woody works just fine, its on the mental side that Im dead. late 20's male.

Any input or own experience?

Stress will do that, pretty reliably. Also, though we vary in how we each, individually, respond to specific antidepressants, significant numbers of us may find our sexuality disturbed by individual drugs --- in some cases there can be ED, in others, as you say, erections and the rest of the plumbing may work fine, but there is loss of libido / desire. And Xanor, is basically sedative, and couls also affect libido. Check with your psychiatrist about whether he/she considers you might be suited by a different antidepresant, with potentially a different impact on your libido.

2
Posted by: maradon | 2005/01/14

I would like to ask a simple question and if there are any answers, even if I may not like them, please give it to me.How does a man expect a woman to feel desire if she is, not only put under extreme pressure to perform financially, but is only touched during the act and NEVER hears anything remotely complimentary but only critisism about how she looks(not too shabby according to most) how she acts(never an embarrasment) and how useless she is in the sack(so why does he bother).My once healthy sexual appetite is gone, and even the hormone therapy I take after going into full blast menopause at age 41, does nothing to put it right.

Reply to maradon
Posted by: joe joe | 2005/01/11

Stress plays a major role in that dept honey... u need to unwind and sort out what is stressing you out.

Reply to joe joe