Posted by: anon for this | 2008/07/15

hi doc i recently had a miscarriage. my boyfriend and i are still young we cant afford a baby now however before the miscarriage we use to have a great sex life he should enjoy being with me and would look forward to us making love but after the miscarriage he has changed he lost interest in sex and in order for me to get him to talk about sex il have to get him horny first before it never use to be like that.. friday was his birthday i had to beg him to take of from work and spend the day with me(making love).and when we are together his always concern that we are safe as i could understand that but i dont understend why he has lost interest in our sex life.

please help me understand this as i do not want to go on the pill because of side effects.

how do i fix this ?

sexually frastrated

Folks tend to assume that a miscarriage will be more upsetting to the wman than the man, but some men are truly disturbed by such a loss, and he may have become more aware ( as everyone ought to be ) of sex being not merely about fun, but responsibility and the possibility of bringing a life into the world. Life is and has to be, about more than sex, and you ar elucky if he is now realizing this. DO you plan to now have children you can't afford, or a series of abortions, because you assume ( wrongly ) that you would have severe side-effects from the pill ? Maybe you both need to work with a counsellor for a few sessions, and brush up on birth control information

Posted by: anon for this | 2008/07/16

thanx jskr. the reason why i cant go on the pill is because i have hypertension.

Reply to anon for this
Posted by: jskr | 2008/07/15

I'm sure he is not incapable of wearing a condom. Why should she have to mess with her hormones, which could have permanent side effects...

Reply to jskr
Posted by: Leez | 2008/07/15

Agreed. The man is very clearly cautious about making the same mistake twice. You mentioned that you cannot afford kids now anyway, so be responsible - this was your
wake-up call.

Reply to Leez
Posted by: No No! | 2008/07/15

Please dear take some sort of contraception, the poor man is not ready for a baby, so start acting responsible and assure him that u r on pill or something and then he will start relaxing and enjoy sex again..

Reply to No No!