Posted by: Patricia | 2011/03/09

Sex offender in the neighbourhood

There were news yesterday about a possible sex offender being in the neighbourhood. There were 5 incidents last weekend where the descriptions of the offender were all the same. So far, no one has been attacked yet. But people saw the man cutting windows and looking through windows of women''s houses.

I''m very worried because this house where we live has 4 floors, all of which have big windows and glass doors at the back. There aren''t any doors separating the floors from each other either and only two rooms can be locked, so if someone got in, they could run freely through the whole house. All the windows and doors are double paned, but how long does it take to cut through both?

Another thing is... when I''m alone, is it safer to have loud music and the lights on so he thinks many people are home or be quiet and pretend no one''s home as much as possible?

And what''s the best way to react if I''m home alone and someone got in? If I was nice to the person, oddly nice even, would that help? I know if I screamed, I''d scare him and he would try anything to make me stop. And if I thought I had no way of escaping, if he tried to have sex with me and I didn''t defend myself and only said he was free to do it but that he should wear a condom because I have AIDS, would he still continue?

I knew about him yesterday and now every little noise I hear makes me very scared. I always worry that it''s him.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSelf defence expert

Hi Patricia,
Thank you for your contribution to our forum. Sad that one has to live with so much fear. There are a few things you could do to improve your situation: 1 - Notify your local authorities 2 - Invest in good watch dogs 3 - Improve your security of your dwelling 4 - Take up proper and realistic Self Defence training 5 - Move out the neigborhood

Please feel free to supply me with more information or any progress since your last message so i am able to assist you the best way possible.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.