Question
Posted by: may | 2003/03/06

Sex of the baby

I am 26 weeks pregnant and very keen to find out the sex of my baby. The baby was lying in a breach position at the time of the scan which made it difficult to see the sex. People tell me that when this happens or that when it's always difficult to determine the sex of the baby, then it's usually a girl. Is this true?

No this is not true. If the fetus is lying in a difficult position, it is just not possible to see between the legs, like looking at an adult from behind in a darkish room. It is purely a technical problem and does not give an idea of whether the fetus is male or female.