Question
Posted by: Blossom | 2007/02/22

Sex during pregnancy

I am going to sound very ignorant but I am about +/- 6 weeks pregnant now with our first baby and was wondering if it is safe to have sex.I know it might sound like a stupid question but unfortunately there is no manual to tell you what is right and what is wrong. What works for some people doesn't always work for others.

You can have sex as long as there are no complications to the pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Blossom | 2007/02/22

Thank you Maya for the advice and I will go and look for the book you mentioned. Have a good day.

Reply to Blossom
Posted by: Maya | 2007/02/22

Firstly, not a stupid question as I don't think there are many women when pregnant for the first time that aren't asking the same question.
As long as this is not a high risk pregnancy and everything is normal, it is perfectly safe to continue having sex. You made find that deep penetration is uncomfortable on your bladder or mentally, just do what you feel comfortable with it will not harm the baby.
The only time you shouldn't have sex is on the advice of your doctor.
Get the book "what to expect when you're expecting" it's the pregnancy bible. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby:)

Reply to Maya