Question
Posted by: chris | 2007/06/12

sex change operation

I need to know if it is possible to have erection after a sex change surgery? I came out as trans not too long ago. I have a girlfriend. we need to find out many things still about this.

Expert ImageTransgender advisor

I am not sure if you describe your self as male to female (MTF) or female to male (FTM) and therefore refer to erection before surgery for a MTF person who happen to use hormones and /or have an Ocidectomie, or do you refer to phalloplasty for a FTM?

For a MTF person on hormones erections will decline more and more, and after an Ocidectomie will not happen any more.

For FTM's with Phalloplasty: It will never reach a fully erected stage as for a bio-male. There is prosthetic devices which can be used - but most possible you would need to import it.

4
Posted by: Aap | 2007/10/05

Hi Chris,

You are welcome to join us on the GDX forum, there are a number of FTM guys who could guide you through this process.

Regards,
Aap

Reply to Aap
Posted by: TIna | 2007/06/27

Chris,

Hi again. we can not provide much contact info here so please follow the link above to GDX where you will find links and more info.

TIna

Reply to TIna
Posted by: Chris | 2007/06/18

I am FTM. where can I find out about the prosthetic devices?

Reply to Chris
Posted by: Tina | 2007/06/12

Chris thanks for posting.

If a male to female undergo gender reassignment surgery (sex change, sounds so derogatory, sorry) then the male genitals are altered to that of female.

I am not sure if you are MTF (male to female) or FTM (female to male)

Please follow the links above (under "who is Transgender Advisor") which will take you to a website where you can learn more about the subject.

You can also contact me there

TS West

Reply to Tina