Posted by: chris | 2007/06/12

sex change operation

I need to know if it is possible to have erection after a sex change surgery? I came out as trans not too long ago. I have a girlfriend. we need to find out many things still about this.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTransgender advisor

I am not sure if you describe your self as male to female (MTF) or female to male (FTM) and therefore refer to erection before surgery for a MTF person who happen to use hormones and /or have an Ocidectomie, or do you refer to phalloplasty for a FTM?

For a MTF person on hormones erections will decline more and more, and after an Ocidectomie will not happen any more.

For FTM's with Phalloplasty: It will never reach a fully erected stage as for a bio-male. There is prosthetic devices which can be used - but most possible you would need to import it.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Aap | 2007/10/05

Hi Chris,

You are welcome to join us on the GDX forum, there are a number of FTM guys who could guide you through this process.


Reply to Aap
Posted by: TIna | 2007/06/27


Hi again. we can not provide much contact info here so please follow the link above to GDX where you will find links and more info.


Reply to TIna
Posted by: Chris | 2007/06/18

I am FTM. where can I find out about the prosthetic devices?

Reply to Chris
Posted by: Tina | 2007/06/12

Chris thanks for posting.

If a male to female undergo gender reassignment surgery (sex change, sounds so derogatory, sorry) then the male genitals are altered to that of female.

I am not sure if you are MTF (male to female) or FTM (female to male)

Please follow the links above (under "who is Transgender Advisor") which will take you to a website where you can learn more about the subject.

You can also contact me there

TS West

Reply to Tina

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.