Question
Posted by: katieemma | 2005/12/03

Sex before second tracking scan

After taking 50mg of clomid on my first cycle i was advised not to have sex until day 10 which was the day i had a tracking scan to see if i was ovulating on this clomid dose. I was not. However i am aware that i could ovulate later in the cycle and therefore have another tracking scan in one week (day 17). It might mean that i won't ovulate at all on this dose, but I am now wanting to know if anybody knows if i can have sex before this second tracking scan?
This is getting so confusing, so i would appreciate any thoughts, Cheers!

The concern is that you could get hyperstimulated and, if you had sex, there would be a greater chance of multiple pregnancy. Check with your doctor what he thought of the follicle size and if this was a high probabliltiy for you in this cycle.