Posted by: 23 | 2008/07/04

SEX, be all and end all?

please dont tell me to post is the sex forum.

So my GF does not want to have sex, we only have sex like 2 times a month and when she has cum, she tells me that she wants to sleep.

when i talk to her about it, she always starts crying because she think i'm going to cheat on her.

i want to break up with her because i think sex is a big part of life.
But i dont think i can live without her, we have so much fun with other things we do. she make me happy in so many ways. but i need the sex part of it, it feel more like she is becoming my best friend!

any thoughts, please help me.

Have you told her the nice things you say about her in your last paragraph ? Such problems can be relieved, with the help of a relationship counsellor or shrink. But don't make her feel that there's something wrong with her or that this is her fault. There are many possible reasons for a person having a low libido ( low level of interest in sex ), most of them can be relieved.
I like Moon's comment about sex being the cherry and not the cake itself. In fact, without a good cake, the sex itself gets boring and unsatisfying after a time. Work on both ingredients, together

Posted by: 23 | 2008/07/04

well said -III- i'm will you 100% on this one!

Reply to 23
Posted by: -|||- | 2008/07/04

Moon, I'm sure you're asking your Q just to be 'difficult' ? The botom lne is this: If things are going well between the sheets, sex makes up 20% of the relationship. If your sex life sucks, it makes up 80% of the relationship. There's no such thing like choosing between sex and love !

Reply to -|||-
Posted by: Moon | 2008/07/04

So A-nonnie... You'd have a relationship with sex and no love rather than no sex and lots of love?

Reply to Moon
Posted by: a-"nonnie" | 2008/07/04

Sex is VERY important and I understand your frustration. I think it brings you so close to the one you love .....i dont think i'd stick around.

Reply to a-"nonnie"
Posted by: Moon | 2008/07/04

Sex, me dear friend, is the CHERRI on the cake - not the CAKE...
I agree, a cake is not rounded of, and simple not that nice if the cherri is not on top...
But also, the cherri is but a couple of %points of the entire cake... Maybe 10%

Reply to Moon
Posted by: longjohnsilver | 2008/07/04

go to a sex therapist with her

either your girlfriend has issues with sex (maybe due to past experiences etc) or a very low libedo.

both can be sorted out.

Reply to longjohnsilver