Question
Posted by: chameleon_boy | 2007/08/05

sex? and W/E ?

Hey giuys... stupid question but this afrikaaner oukie (me) just wants to know what the correct english is...

Do people HAVE sex? or
Do people DO sex?

I have always thought it was have sex... sorry but i cant get my toung around this!

Hope u had a good weekend and tell me what u did that was fun!!

Love n hugs

Chamboy

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

2
Posted by: Joe | 2007/08/06

Whocare as long as its DONE and ur HAVING ur way then ur a HAPPY man!

Reply to Joe
Posted by: TeenQueen | 2007/08/05

You have sex. You have your way with someone or (to put it crudely) you do someone. Someone might possibly say "let's do sex" as they'd say "Let's do coffee sometime." Both are wrong and the Americans are fond of using the latter in everyday speaking which is considered poor English in the South African dialect of English.
Does that solve the problem? Having sex is translated into Afrikaans: Om seks te hê. This counts in both languages. Jy doen nie seks nie, jy het seks met iemand. (translation you don't do sex, you have it with someone) as explained above.
;-)

Reply to TeenQueen