Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2005/01/12

Sex and relationship

I am currently dating a young 20-year old girl and although we have a lot of sex, and do everything SHE wants to do-she enjioys me licking her betweeen her legs,anal and frontal sex, mutual masturabtion and sex in the bath,as well as oral sex(she really enjoys that a lot,as I do too), she is a very insecure person and I am struggling to keep our love alive.

The sex IS important to both of us and we enjoy each other a lot, but she is depressed one minute, domineering the next and deeply apologetic later on. She's very easily hurt by ANYTHING I say to her and often doesn't think a situation throough. We fight a lot but neither of us are prepared to leave each other-truth is I love her so much and she cannot live without me.she often hurts me with insults and then claims that SHE is hurt-doesn't accept responsibility too well,and has problems at work with her colleagues,too....

She admits to being hyper-sensitive,demanding and insecure at times-coems from a bit of a dysfunctional family.

Can anyone tell me how to keep our relationship on track-we plan on getting married in July...???????????

You can'r make love And war at the same time. You both need to learn to do "fair fighting" and can maybe benefit from some couples counselling before you get married.

Call FAMSA for more info on couple scounselling. If you are in JHB you can call my office for an appointment (011) 787 - 1222

Dr Elna McIntosh

4
Posted by: two stone | 2005/01/13

My wife had exactly the same problems when we first started out 10 years ago. She would get violent and throw things at me and tell me I had insulted / hurt her etc etc. with virtually no warning that there was something wrong. After many fights and "make-ups", we went for professional advice. She had problems with her self-image too. The Phsycologist put her on Prozac for a "chemical imbalance" in the brain and a "new" or should I say, the "real" woman materialised. She is wonderful and we now have a normal relationship with the occasional little spat as all couples have at times. Take your girlfriend to someone BEFORE you get married.
Good luck mate.

Reply to two stone
Posted by: koos | 2005/01/12

Get out while you can she will not change while you enable her insecurity and you can not change her.

Reply to koos
Posted by: SR | 2005/01/12

Enjoy your lover and make her feel like a queen, things will turn for the best believe me

Reply to SR
Posted by: Nicole | 2005/01/12

hi

you don't mention how old you are?

Reply to Nicole