Question

Sex and pregnancy

Is sex during pregnancy safe? And until how many months is it safe, before the baby gets hurt. Do you have to use a condom? Does the spremicide in condoms not affect the baby?

Sex is safe as long as there are no complications to the pregnancy such as bleeding. In this case, your doctor will advice you not to have intercourse. The baby is not hurt by sex and you can carry on to 9 months so long as it is comfortable. A condom is not necesssary unless you are using it to protcet yourself from STDs.

6
Posted by: www | 2004/01/15

If you are having a normal and healthy pregnancy, then you can safely have sex right up to labour, just not after the water has broken. ;-) If you have any doubts, ask your gynae at the next visit.
Take your partner to your next gynae visit and talk to him about how you feel and give him reading material so that he knows exactly what you're going through and that he can at least try to be a bit supportive.

Reply to www
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/15

Mama,

I think you should not have any sex if you have pain, talk to your doc, and I think you should also tell your fiance to start thinking about you and the baby,,,, not himself

Reply to Norma
Posted by: ME2 | 2004/01/14

MAMA
Rather wait with sex if you feel uncomfortable or feeling any pain at least until you are 12 weeks pregnant.

Reply to ME2
Posted by: MAMA | 2004/01/14

I have abdominal pains and want to know if it is safe for my baby to have sex..Im only ten weeks and dont want anything to happen and feel its too early.My fiance is not being patient and i just want to tell him a fact not how i feel..

Reply to MAMA
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/14

Sex is safe right up to the end i.e. 9 months. You dont need to use condoms and penetration nor sperm will harm the baby. It can cause some bleeding if penetration is very deep. Just dont lie on your back during sex, try other positions.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Norma | 2004/01/14

My doc said sex is safe, unless you have any pain, bleeding.

Reply to Norma