Our expert says:
* Yes it's OK.
* There are no rules about it and it's down to personal preference.
* There is nothing dirty or shameful about having your periods.
* Some women feel more sexy during their period while others don't want anyone to see or know anything about it.
* Generally, the risk of pregnancy is less at this time, but the risk of infection is higher.
* It's equally OK not to want sex during your period
* Your vagina and the neck of your womb (cervix) may feel more tender so you may choose to have sex in a position where you are more in control of the depth of penetration.
* Some women like to use the contraceptive cap (diaphragm) as additional protection to hold back their flow of blood.
* Others prefer to place a towel underneath themselves to protect bedding or furniture.
* Sex is never compulsory. Don't do anything you feel uncomfortable about just to please someone else.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.