Posted by: bongo | 2008/09/09

sex and menstruation - is it healthy

hi, i' m really confused about this. please enlighten me on this - i.e. should i or shouldn' t i have sex with my partner when she' s menstruating? some people say if you don' t mind the mess then it' s ok to have sex. and what happens if i do choose to - should we use a condom or it doesn' t really matter? are there any health implications/concerns/dangers? i' d like to know the facts! thanx!

It is a matter of preference, or for some religious/cultural belief relating to menstrual blood. From a health perspective, there is no risk or problem with having sex during your girlfriend's period. As for the need for contraception, whilst the risk of pregnancy may be reduced, it cannot be completely excluded, so better safe than sorry!