Question
Posted by: concerned | 2007/02/26

Sex after the loop

I had the loop inserted on Wednesday. I did not find it too painful, Iwas menstruating at the time. I stopped menstruating on friday. My period and period pains was not much worse than usual.
On sunday I had intercourse (it felt normal) and directly afterwards I felt very dizzy and nauseous for about 15 minutes. It was rather scary! The same thing happened just after I had the loop inserted, the Doc said it was just nerves. Is this normal? Should I have waited longer before having sex? I am going back to the Doc this week to check the position of the loop but find this a rather embarrasing question. I hope you can help me!

You may have felt nauseous and dizzy because of stretching of the cervix when the loop was inserted, but this should not happen with intercourse. I can't really explain why this happened. Try again and see that you are relaxed and well aroused.