Question
Posted by: Kay | 2008/01/15

Sex after miscarrige

I miscarried at 14 wks (scan showed that the baby died at 13 wks), which was 5 days ago, and the bleeding seems to have stopped. Is it safe to have intercourse or should I wait? And when is it safe to fall pregnant again?

I would suggest that you wait a little longer before having sex. There is also a better chance of a successful pregnancy if you wait at least 3 months after a miscarriage before falling pregnant again.

1
Posted by: trysie | 2008/01/15

sorry about your bad news ! just stay strong.
somethimes you will find after sex you will bleed agian and but everyone is diffrent. with my first mc i bled each time for a long time and the same with the second one but the third one which was last year nov it all seemed fine only started to bleed exactly on my 6th week

it is said that you should wait till your first normal cycle, have heard that some fall pregnant before that i believe if your body are ready then you will fall pregnant but if your heart is still greaving your body will not be ready and you will not fall pregnant.
good luck to you, statistics shows that one in every 6th lady will have atleast one mc, and this decreases the change of having a second but as soon as you have had a second mc your changes increases.

hugs and kisses

Reply to trysie