Question
Posted by: Topaz | 2005/07/24

Sex after laparoscopy and etopic pregnancy

Hi there,

I had a lap done on 9th July 2005. I was about 7 weeks pregnant but it was an ectopic pregnancy. Unfortunately my right tube was also severed and was removed. I am afraid of having sex just yet as I should let me body recover from the surgery and trauma.
What should I do since I am still trying to conceive but I'm afraid of a recurring ectopic. And I dont know when i will be ovulating since my cycle has now gone all haywire!
Help!

You need to give yourself time to recover from the surgery. You should probably not have sex for at least a month. Your cycle will be disrupted by the ectopic, but should return to normal within a month to six weeks and you can then try again. I am not sure if the ectopic was on the right or if both tubes were damaged, in which case you probably will not be able to conceive without help.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/15

I have had my right tube removed due to an epotipicpregancy to me I was sliced hip to him and even though it's two weeks now I have difficulty laying on my left or right side. Pain too much. I am told that I am healing slowly so it looks like sex for now is out the Window. Sad.

Posted by: Ruwaydah | 2005/07/25

hi Topaz. I had the same thing happen to me except that it was my left tube that was removed. I fell pregnant about a month after that.It was a shock for me as I was not even considering trying again so soon after that experience My son is now 18 months old!! anything is possible!!

Reply to Ruwaydah
Posted by: breez | 2005/07/25

So sorry to hear about the ectopic. I had a lap on 7 June( for Endo). I realise it isn't quite the same but the sister said it was best to wait until I really,really felt like TTcing again. She suggested it would take about 6 weeks. The doctor said I could try after 3 weeks. We waited until 4 weeks after and everything was fine -we just took it slowly and very gently. I must say though that I only feel normal now.

As I haven't had an eptoptic can't help you with that one. But is that not just a freak thing. Surely it won't happen again. Your Gynae should be able to tell you this- why don't you give them a call. They are usually very willing to answer questions. Best wishes with the TTCing.

Reply to breez