Question
Posted by: i WONDER | 2006/04/20

Sex after childbirth

I would like to know, how long after childbirth can one resume your sex life again, some say 3 months others 6 weeks - what is the timeframe allowed.

As soon as you have had your 6 weekly check up and your doctor or Midwife gives you the OK.

E Mc

3
Posted by: gee | 2006/04/21

Hi in my culture Zulu a woman must have sex after 3months or 6months.

Reply to gee
Posted by: Mia | 2006/04/20

Me and hubby had $ex 3 weeks after my daughter was born, i had a c-section. No problems.

Reply to Mia
Posted by: Mom2Be | 2006/04/20

Well it is advisable to wait till after your first check up which takes place 6 weeks after the baby is born. Even then it will differ from lady to lady. At your 6 week check up the doc will discuss birth control with you as well. If you have a c section however you will be able to have sex much sooner, but the question is will you feel up to it :-) Having a little baby in the house is exhausting and takes time to get use to her and your routine. Good luck

Reply to Mom2Be