Posted by: Prof X | 2010/01/16



I am a 28 yr old male and have been in a wheelchair since the age of 22 after an accident. I have not had sex since. I find it hard to get an erection and if I do get one it does not last long at all. Because of this reason I almost never masturbate and I sometimes masturbate without an erection and eventually get an erection just before I ejaculate. I think I have only managed to orgasm 5 times in the last 6 years.

For this reason I have been staying away from getting involved with anyone but I would really like to have an active sexual life. Do you know of anyone I can speak to in the Durban area to try an fix my ED. I' m not too comfortable speaking to my GP about it, so I hope you can suggest anyone.

I also haven' t been with a women since being in a wheelchair and was wondering if you know of any sex surrogates, if there are any to begin with.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Prof X

You can consult a urologist or a spinal cord specialist, preferably where you received your rehabilitation. They will be able to assist you with your erectile dysfunction.

You can use Cialis or Levitra. This should give you an adequate erection for intercourse or masturbation. The tablet should be taken an hour before intercourse and physical, as well as mental stimulation is needed to facilitate an erection. The tablet itself will not give you an erection without these external stimulation.

Another option is injections given to the base of the penis. This alone will give you an adequate erection.

These medication does however, have to be prescribed by a doctor and an urologist will be able to assist you.

Due to the nature of your injury, your problem will unfortunately, be present for the rest of your life.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Prof X | 2010/01/19

Thanks doc.

Reply to Prof X

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.