Question
Posted by: Pennywise | 2006/10/26

Severe swelling in lower part of body

Since 20 weeks I had mild swelling but at 22 weeks went to severe swelling and this doen't dissapear even with bed rest. My blood pressure went up from 100/60 to 124/76 in the past 3 weeks. My gynea want me to check my blood pressure + urine (had a bit of blood in urine on Monday but is gone now)every second day for the next 3-4 weeks. My mother had the same problem but she got extreme high blood pressure at 31 weeks and had to deliver my sister at 8 months and she was mostly hospitilized with me, do you think I'm on my way to the same problem?

Pennywise
29w

It is not possible to say whether or not that will happen, but your doctor is taking precautions to pick it up early if it does happen.