Question
Posted by: Marty | 2002/12/05

Severe sharp headache pains

Dear Cyberdoc
Of late i have beenexperiencing sharp hedaches on the left temporal side of my head. It comes at any time during the day and even when i'm sleeping. Panado worked for a little while ,and i then moved onto Myprodol which is also showing a lesser efficacy of late. I am concerned ,and at the age of 32 ,being very fit and watching my diet and exercise regime this condition is baffling me.
Can you please advise as to what i should do?
Thankyou

Marty, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first. It may be due to a problem with the jaw joint, the temporal muscle, the eye, etc or it may be due to something like a cluster headache. The best would probably be to see a neurologist and to have it sorted out. Good luck.
PS. I wrote something a while ago on the different types of headaches and if you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll pass it on.