Question
Posted by: Peggy | 2008/07/31

Severe Neck &  Shoulder Pain

To whom it may concern

I have always suffered from knots in my neck &  shoulders. I am 6 months pregnant and it seems to be getting worse. Its so bad that it sometimes gives me migraines and i can' t concentrate at work. What is the best way to resolve this problem?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Peggy,
You need to see your local osteopath asap for appropriate diagnosis, management and treatment of your pain and to ensure the remainder of your pregnancy is comfortable.
For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

In the meantime:
Ensure your work station is set up correctly. Pc and keypad directly in front. Top of screen level with your eyes.

Sitting posture: Wiggle your bottom as far back in the chair as possible and then sit up. This will keep your spine supported and in a relaxed position.

Don't slump on the sofa.

Keep well hydrated.

Place a hot water bottle between your shoulder blades.

Don't read in bed.

Take regular breaks and go for short walks.

Hope all goes well.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath