Question
Posted by: AW | 2007/12/03

Severe muscle cramps and spasms

Lately I'm continuously suffering from severe muscle cramps and spasms in the evenings. So much so that I have within the last month not had a decent one hour night's sleep.

I am a semi-professional athlete, so I don't know if it may have something to do with a rigorous training regime. Whatever the case may be, my work is starting to get affected due to my lack of sleep, and my muscles are constantly sore. Especially my feet, hips and calves.

Please help!!!

Dear AW
Cramping can happen due to overexertion of muscles but also due to abnormalities in your blood electrolytes. Please ask your Gp to check by doing a blood UKE test to see if you need potassium or sodium supplementation?
Stretch the affected muscles before you go to bed.
If all else fails, the anti-malarial Quinine helps, but needs to be taken with care and under supervision of a doctor.

1
Posted by: laputi17 | 2008/04/29

what can you tell me about muscle spasms?

Reply to laputi17