Question
Posted by: huss07 | 2010/05/17

severe leg pain

hello doc,

my dad is 75yrs he is diabetic uses insulin. recently he had breathing problems and coughing the doc we went to here mobilised him and and game him a cough syrup which was not sugar free. his sugar levels went up to 26 from the normal 6 - 10 that we try to control. we took him to another doc he injected him with some pain killers but then his fest started paining severe pain we tried applying fastum gave him diclo denk but dint help could you please advise

thanks

huss07

Hallo Huss07
It is difficult to advise without seeing the patient but the sore feet may be due to neuropathy caused by the diabetes. This is usually a nerve pain, so normal painkillers don't work well. We use anti-depressants or anti-epileptic medication for that kind of pain ( it works on the pain centre in the brain - I know it sounds funny but it works) He will need a prescription from his GP for it.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/17

Hallo Huss07

Reply to cyberdoc