Question
Posted by: GB | 2003/02/24

Severe itching

Dear Doctor.

I suffer from severe itching. I’m not the only one, some of my friend and people that I know suffers from the same! They say that it is something that is biting us, or an allergic reaction to this biting story! Please help, because it has become unbearable and interferes with my sleep! Once I start scratching I just can’t stop! I sometimes scratch myself till I bleed… Is there something that will help?

Awaiting your response.

GB

GB, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first. It might be something that’s biting you (scabies for instance), but then one would expect a rash of some sorts. The best would be to have it seen to by your doctor. Good luck.