Question
Posted by: Joleen | 2005/07/04

Severe headaches at 12 weeks, please help

Hi Ladies

I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday and over the past week I have been experiencing severe headaches. I have been taking panados now and then when it gets too bad, but I don't want to overdue it. I will be seeing my gynae on Friday so hopefully she will be able to tell me what is going on, but any idea what I can do about these headaches in the meantime, they are really making me feel terrible.

Have a wonderful day and thank you

Changes in blood flow can cause headaches in early pregnancy. Try drinking lots of fluids and resting when you can. Panado is fine.

6
Posted by: Tash | 2005/07/05

I had a migrane yesterday, just by chance it was on a day i had a check up with my midwife. She said if it was not gone by today they would admit me and give me Pethadine - thats apparently what they give preggie women. (i only have a month to go so not sure if they can give it to you so early on in pregnancy)

Reply to Tash
Posted by: Sanet | 2005/07/04

Gretchen

What type of treatment did your physio do for the headaches/migraines??

Reply to Sanet
Posted by: Gretchen | 2005/07/04

Hi There

I am a migraine sufferer and my migraines increased with my pregnancy (I am now 14 weeks, 3 days)

My doc told me to take Panado's and lie down in a dark room until it goes away, but unfortunately that did not help, as I ended up staying in bed for 4 days with the migraine just getting worse.

Try physio therapy, it works wonders, I went 2 weeks ago whilst I had an attack and within 24 hours it was gone. I go once a week now to prevent headaches/migraines

Good luck, I know there is nothing worse than a headache/migraine and you can not really take anything for it!

Reply to Gretchen
Posted by: Joleen | 2005/07/04

Thanks Ladies, I will rest as much as possible, would rather be at home in bed right now rather than work but I guess I will have to stick it out. Thanks again for your input.

Reply to Joleen
Posted by: Sanet | 2005/07/04

Hi Joleen

I also experienced severe headaches in my first trimester, more like migraines, and unfortunately there is nothing else that is safe to take except Panado's and just to lie down and rest. I went for fisio treatment as well but it took a while before the headaches disappeared. Hope you feel better soon!!

Reply to Sanet
Posted by: Kym | 2005/07/04

I suffer from suffer migraine and I'm currently on clomid. My gyneas advise us to assume you are preggies from day fourteen and only use panado's. I took 7 one day and he said it was fine rather that than something that want hurt baby.

If you dont come right rather phone phone him just to be safe.

Reply to Kym