Question
Posted by: BMC | 2008/05/29

Severe headache

Two nights ago I developed a severe headache. I very seldom get headaches. It was extremely painful and 2 Myprodol's and a Synflex made no difference to the pain. I could not sleep the pain was so severe. During the course of yesterday it lessened and I took a Migrane Kit last night and this morning the ache was gone. I do still have extreme tenderness on my head where the headache was. If you divide your hear in 4, the pain was in the left back quadrant , just off centre (of the quadrant). Any idea what kind of headache this was and why my head is still so tender to touch?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It sounds like if you suffered from a cluster headache. It is not uncommon for the area of your head/skin to feel tender after a severe headache. If you get one of these headache's again, you should consult your GP.

Kind regards