Question
Posted by: Jones James | 2008/05/23

Severe headache

For the past 3 weeks , i have had a headache right on my forehead with effects felt above my eyes and a strange/funny feeling in the canals of my nose. At the same time i will also feel like my throat needs to be cleared of phlegm /mucus. I have gn to a GP and was told i probably have a sinus headache (whatever it means). I felt better only after taking the medication and it was back to the pain after the course. Could this be related to the fact that i have a tonsilitis problem or its totally independant.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It definately sounds like if you are suffering from sinusitis. I recommend that you re-visit your GP for stronger, more effective medication. There can however, be a relation between the sinusitis and the chronic tonsilitis.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: anxious | 2008/05/24

Believe me sinus headaches most certainly exist! I should know as I have had chronic sinus problems for many years and had them on a regular basis. Sinus headache pain can be very painful and is usually on both or either sides of your face below your eyes or also above the eyes - you could well have blocked sinuses and maybe need sinus x-rays or even a sinus scan. I had sinus x-rays on many occasions over the years and none of them ever showed up any severe problems despite my having chronic sinus infections every winter which lead to all my other problems as well such as any combination of chest/throat/ear infections. Without fail I had sinus problems every winter until last year. It was only when my ENT sent me for a sinus scan that my major sinus problems showed up - I had such bad blocked infected sinuses I had so have sinus surgery. My sinuses werent draining so they kept getting re-infectied - I was also alwlays fine after taking antibiotic treatment but then weeks later it was back to the same problem all over again. I only had the scan because I had had enough with my sinus problems and pleaded with my gp to send me to an ENT which he did. Last winter was the 1st winter that I have ever had where I had NO sinus problems whatsoever! In fact, I had no sinus problems the entire year, and believe me for me tha's a record! I had the op Oct 2006 and its been great since! My ENT said it would help greatly towards stopping me from getting sick and he sure was right! Remember chronic sinus problems can contribute enormously to chest/ear/throat problems as well.

It sounds to me you could well have sinus problems and should see an ENT.

Reply to anxious