Question
Posted by: Janine | 2004/10/11

Severe Cluster Headaches

Hi there, I suspect that I am suffering from cluster headaches, the headache only affects my right side all the way from my shoulder to my temple. It gets so bad that I can't even lift my head sometimes and my crying just makes it worse, I am also a sinus sufferer. I have been having these head-aches for nearly 10 years and it just comes and goes. Is there a head-ache clinic in the cape town area that you can suggest because I need to find out what is causing these head-aches. The pain is getting too much. Even if I cough it affects my head-ache.

Janine, the best would be to ask your doctor to refer you to a neurologist that has a specific interest in headaches. Unfortunately I live in Pretoria and have no idea who the good neurologists in Cape Town are. If you’re interested in something I wrote on the subject you can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.